Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Leslie's Alabang




I was 4 months pregnant when my husband and I went to Tagaytay and had a nice dinner at Leslie's.  We loved the bridge, the ambiance, their must try appetizing Bulalo, the hanging "kubo", the view of  Taal Lake and of course the serenaders that will make your evening Romantic.  That was almost 4 years ago and we considered it one of the sweetest day we had in our relationship that's why the restaurant will always be a part of me.  That's why when I learned that a gigantic Leslie's branch opened in Alabang  I was really thrilled.  Reminds me of the old days siyempre :)

Serenader in Tagaytay Leslie's

my favorite!

It was only last year, during my parent's anniversary, that I first visit the place. Then the second time wast last Friday when my cousin Carlo invited the whole family to join the surprise birthday dinner he planned for his mom.  Venue was in Leslie's Alabang and I was excited to see my relatives but not too excited with the food.  Carlo availed of the buffet for only P349 during weekends for 40 heads.  We were in a function room with air-con.  I was actually surprised because I never thought that the open air 2-storey building has a separate room at the second floor.  I actually preferred staying at the ground floor because I love the big medieval wooden tables and chairs.  Plus I really don't mind if there's no air con because the place is really cool with lots of opened windows where the breeze enters.  However, there was a birthday event and it was occupied by the guests.
Just like last year, the food was not impressive at all.  The presentation was a little dull and average.  I only enjoyed the "ginataang kuhol", "baked chiken" and "lumpiang sariwa" but the rest no satiety level.  I didn't even touch the lechon, it didn't look tasty as it should be.  The baked macaroni is so boring and the beef is hard. to chew.  Leftovers weren't allowed, but I didn't care at anymore if I didn't finish the meat. No one will actually.  It was like eating in an ordinary restaurant or should I say canteen.  It could have been better if they presented a more elegant set of food pans.  My brother's gf ordered for a strawberry shake and he got only got a strawberry ice cream from a blender. It has no ice nor chilled.  We returned it and asked to put some ice.  If not only for the indoor falls and man made brook which Rafael enjoyed so much, I would extremely dislike it and not going to return.  My son loved checking out the fishes in the water and looks liked he had fun with his cousins that night.  And that's what matters to me most.


no leftovers allowed





indoor falls  

To be fair, the price of P299 on weekdays and P249 on weekends is just reasonable.  It's the worth of the food.  It's just sayang, because the place is so grande and people would be looking forward for a satisfying  dining experience.  Apparently they don't.

Leslie's Restaurant, Alabang

Blk 13 Lot1 Westgate Dr., Filinvest, Alabang
Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila
(02) 666-2446


1 comment:

  1. We will be having our annual awards night this comming May 7, 2010 at Leslies Alabang branch. Hope everyone will enjoy the food. I saw some pictures in the internet and the venue looks interesting. Some of the critics said the food was expensive and they dont have aircons. Lets see on May 7, I will post my experience here.

    ReplyDelete