Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Sweet Start

Having friends is one of the nicest things.


 Yasmin

After my training in the Hospital of the Infant Jesus, I am back driving Rafael to school again.  It is just a 2-hour toddler class so I would usually just stay in the waiting area until his class ends.  It saves me gas and gives me a little time for myself.  Since June, I already met few of the mommies and it's fun because I get to share with them my thoughts about being a mom to my son.  It's quite a relief to be able to talk to the moms of the kids same age as Rafa.  Few of my questions were answered and I learned few things as well.

 chocolate cake

 Blondie's Smores

Last week, someone approached me and  I thought she was Sean's mom (Sean is Rafa's classmate).  She introduced herself as Yasmin and found out that she was the aunt.  I was pretty amazed because I always see her drive her nephew to school .  I wish the same thing for my sister especially when I go to Canada and leave Rafa here in the Philippines for a year.

Yasmin was nice and she offered to give me a cake the next morning.  Wow, I was surprised and that was really a sweet start for us.  I think that was her way of offering her friendship and I really appreciated it.  Her cakes were so good by the way.  She gave me a slice of her chocolate cake and a box of Blondie's Smores.  Rafael can't wait but to have a taste as soon as he got hold of the cakes. 

Thanks Yas!

Rafael had the first taste

No comments:

Post a Comment