Thursday, February 10, 2011

Brielle`s Milestone: Turn Towards Sounds and Focus on Objects

My friend Mona told me that it won`t be a good idea to keep carrying Brielle all the time.  She also advised me that it would be best if we`ll get her used to sleeping in the crib as early as now to prevent her from getting spoiled.  As an immigrant I do believe she has a point.  My life is different now, no yaya, no sister to help and no mom to depend on.  With all the household chores and lots of other things to do, as much as I want to spend time with Brielle, it just impossible here in Canada.  So I need every piece of advice on how to maximize my time.

So my husband and I started the routine of putting her back to the crib right after she fell asleep or after she burps.  At first it was hard, but I just found out yesterday that putting a big pillow on her back, giving her the feeling of being elevated prevents her from waking up when she`s on her bed  (she probably thought she was still being carried.... hehehe).

 
Brielle on her crib with big pillow on her head


That pillow worked like magic!  I was able to finish my laundry, cooked two meals and I even made a balloon pillar (for her 1st monthsary)!  Then when she woke up for her feeding I was surprised when Brielle just remained silent. I saw her staring at her crib mobile!  Most of the time it won`t take too long before she cries after waking up but yesterday she was following the zebra hanging on top of her! Her first developmental milestone: turn towards the sun and start to focus on objects!  Just right before her first monthsary =)

 
Brie watching her crib mobile move
(mobile crib: gift from Tita Minda)

I can`t wait to see the next milestone she`ll do !
Good job Brie! We`re proud of you!
Time to bring out the play gym!
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment